Having a blog is the best way to get information to so many people all at once. Since I have your attention I fully intend to take advantage of that. Many of you have heard me mention a wonderful boy named Clinton. Clinton is a close family friend who is just 7 years old and is battling Medulloblastoma. As I am typing this he is fighting like hell after suffering a possible stroke.
Clinton was diagnosed just a month shy of his 5th birthday. His family was prepared to not make it to #6. Last month he celebrated #7. That alone is a miracle. Do you know what this sweet boy wanted for his birthday? He wanted everyone to do a Random Act of Kindness (RAOK) in his honor to spread awareness for childhood cancer. I will do just that! 46/7. Any guesses what that means? That means EACH DAY 46 children are diagnosed with some form of cancer, and EACH DAY 7 don't make it. More than 2 whole classrooms worth.
Clinton has had the wonderful honor of being treated at St. Jude. Every year when the local radio stations do their Partner in Hope marathon I have to change the station because I cry too hard. This year we became Partners, in Clinton's honor. I know times are hard right now and not everyone can donate, but I will tell you something you can do-RAISE AWARENESS! Did you know:
- When St. Jude opened in 1962 the survival rate for ALL (the most common form of childhood cancer) was just 4%. Today it is an amazing 94%.
- St. Jude has helped develop protocols to push survival rates from less than 20% in 1962 to over 80% today.
- St. Jude is the only pediatric cancer center where families NEVER pay for treatment not covered by insurance.
- NO child is ever turned away because of their inability to pay.
- All information found at St. Jude is shared with hospitals all over the world.
- During the month of January you can register to be part of the Bone Marrow registry for free. Go to this link. They'll send you the packet for free. Simply swab your mouth and send it back. You can save a life!
So, tonight as you watch the Broncos hope for their "Tebow" miracle, I'm asking you to pray for Clinton's. Hold your babies extra close, and tomorrow do a RAOK in Clinton's honor. We love you Clinton. Fight hard Buddy!