Monday, January 9, 2012

It's 2012. Dive right in!

I have been toying with the idea of a blog for some time now.  When I mentioned it to B his response was "well, what would you blog about?".  My answer: "I don't know".  This blog isn't about food, or fashion, or parenting.  It's kind of a mix.  I realize people read blogs for a reason.  It's like a virtual form of voyeurism.  B is a closed book.  He doesn't want too much of his personal business put out there.  Understandable coming from a guy who hopes to run for public office.  I, on the other hand, am a private person, but at the same time I like to share a lot to see if what I'm experiencing is normal.  I said in 2012 I would try new things, be less reserved, and open myself up.  There is no better way to open yourself up than to write a blog and post it for all to see.  Growing up in Upstate NY taught me one thing.  You'll be standing on the beach forever, debating if you should tread into that water that was always freezing even in the middle of the summer, if you tip toe in.  The only way to do it is to dive right in, so here it goes!!


I am Mom to a beautiful 10 year old girl.  While my life has been fulfilled being J's Mom, I know I have much more to give.  That is why B and I are trying to expand our family.  Shortly after we made this decision I was told I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).  Since then we made the change to eating only organic and TRIED to eat better.  No change in the PCOS.  After 10 months I made the drastic decision (literally made overnight) to become a vegan.  I simply woke up one Sunday morning, went to Whole Foods, stocked my house with fruits and veggies, and never looked back.  I can't tell you what changed or what made me decide to do this.  I just did it.  It has now been 5 months since I ate a piece of meat, or anything with a meat bi-product in it.  I upped my vitamins, started taking B12 and D, and today I'm 15 pounds lighter with far less headaches and far more energy.  I owe a lot of this success to Mama Pea at Peas and Thank you.  I followed her blog for several months before I made "the move", and she is the inspiration and motivation behind it.  Even if you're not vegan I highly suggest checking her out!


So, I suppose my blog is for any vegan, PCOS suffering, trying to conceive Moms...............or someone who is just nosy and wants to know more!  Either is fine with me!  Check back often for my rants, raves, Mom fails, wife fails, and cooking fails....like tonight's dinner.  I thought about this tempeh chili bread bowl all day, only to come home and load it up with 3 TABLESPOONS of cayene pepper and not chili powder.  Mom, wife, and cooking FAIL!  Happy Monday!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to read more...and I completely admire your dedication in being a vegan! It's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete